Our website uses cookie technology. A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file stored on your hard drive. It is generated by a web page server when you visit a website.
The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the website. A cookie can be thought of as an Internet user’s identification card, which tells a website when the user has returned.
What is the purpose of a Cookie?
A cookie is used to make the browsing experience more efficient and enjoyable by saving your personal preferences for your return visit – for example, the language version of a website. Without cookies, it would be very difficult for a website to remember the user’s preferences or registration details for a future visit.
Third Party Cookies
The third party cookies on this website are associated with:
- Session Cookie - this cookie is used for login purposes and remembering the content of the shopping cart and ensures the functionality of the website. This cookie expires when the user closes the browser
- Google Analytics (Cookie names are; _ga, _gat, _gid, )
- Stripe (Cookie Names are: __stripe_mid and __stripe_sid), they expire after 24 hours and are used for tracking the payment status
- Google Remarketing and Facebook Advertising (if enabled are using cookies to track ad performance)
The Harvest Learning Hub uses the cookies below:
- Session Cookie (Cookie name: MoodleSession)
- This cookie is used e.g. to for login purposes, The Learning Hub won’t work properly without it, this cookie expires when the user closes the browser
- Session Cookie (Cookie name: harvestclient)
- This cookie is used for design purposed to display the client’s logo instead of the Harvest logo, where appropriate
- This cookie expires when the user closes the browser
- YouTube - we are using the non-cookie version of YouTube on the Harvest Learning Hub were ever possible, in certain courses the standard YouTube cookies might apply)
Please note that other systems like Adobe Connect might use other cookies. Also some content in the courses might be relying on links to other documents outside our environment, e.g. Edmondo. There is no persistent cookie used to remember login details for The Learning Hub.
If your browser allows, you may be able to set it so that it declines cookies and notifies you when a cookie is being sent. You can also delete cookie files from your computer as you wish, however if you do so it may affect how easily you interact with our website. Read more about cookies and find out how to manage or disable them at www.aboutcookies.org
• Email addresses of people who subscribe to The Source, Harvest’s newsletter
• The names, email addresses, organisation names, phone numbers of people who contact us by filling out and submitting the Contact Us form on our website
• The username and password of participants using the Harvest Learning Hub
We only use this data for the purpose for which you provide it. We may compile data for statistical reporting purposes such as counting the number of people who have subscribed to our newsletter and counting the number enquires our organisation received via our website.
We will process your request as quickly as possible and within 40 days of receipt of the request.
If your personal data held by us is inaccurate or out of date you can request us to correct it. If you would like us to delete your personal data you can request us to do so. Your letter or email must contain your full name and telephone number – in the event we need to call you to discuss your request – and confirmation of the email address you supplied via the website.