Learning to Lead in Uncertain Times
DCU Business School and Harvest combine their expertise, experience and understanding of business to offer a unique programme designed for leaders seeking a global and up to date perspective on leadership and how to lead in an ongoing VUCA context.
The typical participant:
- Head of Function/Head of Department in a larger organisation
- C-Suite leader in a small to medium-sized organisation
- Potential successor to the C-Suite
- People leader with significant strategic responsibilities
A crisis of any kind is a huge shock to global communities and the global economy. Leaders today need to be comfortable in volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) times with skillsets to be effective to work through and out of existential crisis.
Learning to Lead in Uncertain Times is an ‘online-first’ programme that articulates the key requirements for effective leadership in a mission control room during a crisis. More importantly it highlights the necessity of a leadership mindset to extend beyond the immediacy of crisis times to the necessity of imagining a new world of possibilities for the leader and their organisation post-crisis.
A unique blend of renowned academic tutors from DCU and industry-leading learning specialists from Harvest have teamed together to create a world class learning experience that will focus on:
- The most up to date research-based content
- Experiential sessions to ensure ease of application and implementation of the knowledge and skills acquired.
The Learning Experience
- Identify what it takes to become a leader comfortable in VUCA times with skillsets to be effective
- Effectively lead a mission control leadership team
- Enhance messaging and develop stakeholder-centric communication skills for uncertain times
- Imagining a new world of possibilities for the leader and their organisation
About this Course
DCU Business School has a long history of executive training both to individuals and client companies. Our executive programmes are crafted to meet both the needs of business and of individuals developing their careers based on the industry connections that underpin our approach to education. Globally accredited by AACSB and AMBA, we’re in the top 5% of Business Schools globally.
DCU Business School and Harvest have partnered to offer a world class leadership programme.
Harvest is Ireland’s leading people development consultancy with over 35 years’ experience in people development, bespoke learning solutions, organisation development, executive coaching, mentoring and digital learning. Harvest’s team of highly qualified and experienced learning experts and an excellent track record of partnering with global brands in the area of leadership development make it a leader in its field.
This online programme combines several learning elements to create a balanced blend of learning, interactions, and application in the learning journey for participants. The platform allows participants to learn at their own pace during each week, by viewing the content, completing assignments, and engaging in discussions.
Module 1: Leadership Self-analysis, resilience & agility
- Programme induction
- Insights Discovery and EQ profile interpretation and self-analysis
- Leadership & Personal Resilience
- Personal and Leadership Agility
Module 2: Leading a mission control leadership team
- Leading People; creating and sustaining a change-ready organisation
- Leading Teams; developing a high performance culture in teams and organisations including in a virtual context
- Peer Learning Session 1 (Group)
Module 3: Imagining a New World
- Design Thinking & Innovation Challenge
- Transformation Trends in Global Business
Module 4: Critical communications
- Leadership Communications in Times of Uncertainty
- Peer Learning Session 2 (Group)
Module 5: Company Communication Crisis Simulation & Leadership Response
- Group Company Communication Crisis Simulation
- Study group touchpoint
- Company communication simulation conclusion and group presentations
- Industry stakeholder insights on constantly changing business environment scenarios
Insights Discovery Questionnaire (including Transformational Leadership Profile) and an Emotional Intelligence profile
Each participant gets two personalised profiles to take away. Updates include coloured energies in a crisis, agile thinking and resilience in a remote environment.
The programme comprises 5 modules, run on single days every 4 weeks and finishing with 2 consecutive days. Each day runs from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Over the 10-month programme duration, every participant will receive:
- 1x Personalised Insights Discovery Profile Report and an EQ profile
- 2 x Peer Learning Sessions
- 9 x Masterclass days, including 1 x Innovation Challenge and 1 x Crisis Simulation
- (Optional one-to-one coaching package)
‘Online-First’ Programme Delivery
Online learning is becoming a vehicle for transformation across organisations, especially in light of ongoing public health regulations. Our online programmes combine a number of learning elements to create a balanced blend of learning, interactions and application in the learning journey for participants. The platform allows participants to learn at their own pace during each week, by viewing the content, completing assignments and engaging in discussions.
- AM live virtual masterclass – two hours
- Academic research-led learning
- PM live virtual classroom – two hours
- Experiential – application of course contents, discussion, collaborative group work
This 10 day programme will be delivered online over 10 months commencing February 2021.
In line with current guidelines this programme will be delivered online for the upcoming cycle. It has been customised to reflect the online environment and to ensure maximum engagement for all participants.
- Learning to Lead in Uncertain Times
- 10th February 2021
- 10th March 2021
- 7th April 2021
- 5th May 2021
- 2nd June 2021
- 1st July 2021
- 15th September 2021
- 13th October 2021
- 17th November 2021
- 18th November 2021
- 9.30am - 4.30pm
- 10 days over 10 months
About the Facilitators
A unique blend of renowned academic tutors from DCU and industry-leading learning specialist from Harvest have teamed together to create a world class learning experience that will focus on:
- The most up to date research-based content
- Experiential sessions to ensure ease of application and implementation of the knowledge and skills acquired
Read more about them here