Have you heard about BYOD before?
BYOD stands for Bring Your Own Device. Sometimes you can also see: Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT), Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP), Bring Your Own Laptop (BYOL) or Bring Your Own Personal Computer (BYOPC).
BOYD is a trend that allows employees and students to use any mobile device they want to achieve the desired goals.
The term first came out in 2005 in organisations and moved quickly to education.
Advantages of using BYOD
• Increase on students’ motivation
• Student feel more comfortable using the tolls they know
• Students can experience the real world
• Increase of workers satisfaction
• Increase of productivity
• More flexibility for workers
• It is cost effective
Disadvantages of using BYOD
• It requires a good planning
• Can be time consuming
• It requires good internet connections
• Data protection/security
Therefore, BYOD is a great trend that is rapidly becoming more and more popular.
Watch our video above to learn more about BYOD and how to get ready to use it in your organisation.
Want to keep up to date with all the trends & insights from the world of work and learning? Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/harvest-resources_2/